How to Preview Experiments
Whatever type of test you’re planning on running QA should be carried out before launch. The following guide shows you how to preview your experiments in Webtrends Optimize using either Parameter URl’s or the Force Experiment Widget.
Click on the experiment from the list in your dashboard view.
Select Experiment Preview by moving the content slider (click on the right arrow)
You now have the choice to either download and use the Force Experiment Widget or the Parameter URL
Using the Force Experiment Widget
To Preview on Desktop
- Visit the page that your test is set up on
- Click the force experiment widget
- Select the experiment you wish to QA (green indicates the experiment that you’re currently viewing)
You should now be seeing the experiment you selected. You will be ‘sticky’ to this experiment until you choose to view a different experiment so feel free to click to a different page knowing that when you return you’ll still be in the same experiment.
To Preview on Mobile & Tablet
- Create a bookmark on your mobile by visiting the Force Experiment Widget page and copying and pasting the code as a bookmark.
- Visit the test page in your mobile browser
- In address bar start typing the name of the bookmark you created and then click it when it pops up (some mobile browsers also allow you to select the bookmark directly rather than typing in the address bar)
- Click the experiment you wish to test
‘Pinning’ an Experiment in the Optimize Flash UI
On rare occasions there is a need to use a different method to view your experiment. You can pin (force) an experiment in the Flash UI and then load the test page with the Optimize staging parameter.
- Log in to the Optimize Flash UI
- Click the Laboratory icon at the top of the screen
- Click on the project which contains the test you wish to QA
- Click the project one more time to reveal the test(s) within it
- Click on the test you wish to QA
- Click on the ‘Staging’ link on the right hand side:
- In the drop down change to ‘specific experiment to all visitors’:
- Click the browse button and select the experiment you wish to QA and then click select (and then save).
- Load the test page with staging parameter – should look like this:https://www.yourwebsite.com?_wt.mode=staging
You should now be seeing the experiment you selected. Repeat the above with each experiment that needs to be checked.
Note that when a specific experiment is ‘pinned’ in the above manner the Force Experiment Widget won’t allow you to change the experiment you’re viewing. To revert back to using the widget you’d need to select ‘Experiments to all visitors’ in the drop down box).
Using the Parameter URL