How to Preview Experiments
Whatever type of test you’re planning on running QA should be carried out before launch. The following guide shows you how to preview your experiments in Webtrends Optimize.
Click on the experiment from the list in your dashboard view.
Select Experiment Preview by moving the content slider (click on the right arrow)
You now have the choice to either download and use the Force Experiment Widget or the Parameter URL
Using the Force Experiment Widget
To Preview on Desktop
- Visit the page that your test is set up on
- Click the force experiment widget
- Select the experiment you wish to QA (green indicates the experiment that you’re currently viewing)
You should now be seeing the experiment you selected. You will be ‘sticky’ to this experiment until you choose to view a different experiment so feel free to click to a different page knowing that when you return you’ll still be in the same experiment.
To Preview on Mobile & Tablet
- Create a bookmark on your mobile by visiting the Force Experiment Widget page and copying and pasting the code as a bookmark.
- Visit the test page in your mobile browser
- In address bar start typing the name of the bookmark you created and then click it when it pops up (some mobile browsers also allow you to select the bookmark directly rather than typing in the address bar)
- Click the experiment you wish to test