Creating a page load conversion using the Advanced Editor
Page Load Conversion
A page load conversion counts the number of visitors or page views on a specific URL or group of URLs.
Adding a Page Load Conversion using the user interface:
During the test set up process, you can add page load conversion at step 4 “CONVERSIONS”.
Enter conversion “Name” (E.g. Page_Confirmation)
- We recommend using the “Page” prefix and avoid using spaces, apostrophes or special characters where possible.
Select “Page Load Conversion” from the ‘Type’ drop-down field.
Select a ‘Location’ from the drop-down field.
Adding a new location
- There are 4 ‘states’ that can be selected:
- Staging – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘staging’
- Active – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘live’
- Always – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘staging or live’
- Disabled – Conversion will not track
- (‘Always’ is the safest option to select as it will work for both staging (preview checks) and will continue to track when the test has been put ‘Live).
See add a Page load conversion using Scripts