Creating a page load conversion using the Advanced Editor
A page-load conversion counts the number of visitors or page views on a specific URL or group of URLs.
Adding a Page Load Conversion using the user interface:
During the test set up process, you can add page load conversion at step 4 “CONVERSIONS”.
Enter conversion “Name” (E.g. Page_Confirmation)
- We recommend using the “Page” prefix and avoid using spaces, apostrophes or special characters where possible.
Select “Page Load Conversion” from the ‘Type’ drop-down field.
Select a ‘Location’ from the drop-down field.
Adding a new location
There are 4 ‘states’ that can be selected:
- Staging – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘staging’
- Active – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘live’
- Always – Conversions will track only when the test status is set as ‘staging or live’
- Disabled – Conversion will not track
(‘Always’ is the safest option to select as it will work for both staging (preview checks) and will continue to track when the test has been put ‘Live).
In this box you will see any conversions that you have added.
Write the name of your page variable here.
Select what type (integer, decimal or text)
If you want to add an additional variable click on the “+” sign
To add a Segment click on the “Segments” button
See add a Page load conversion using Scripts